MINIART 1/72 Medieval Germanic cavalry complete.


I've just recently completed the last eight calvary figures that came from the MINIART 'Assault on Medieval Fortress' set. They are described as 'German Medieval' but in true slap-dash style...the colour schemes I have used are probably going to upset the purists out there, as they are more 'Prince Valiant' than historically accurate.

I started to experiment with different contrast paints on the horses and at first things went a little wayward and I wasn't pleased with the results, so much so that I kind of had to pull back and repaint some. That was a first for me, but rest assured I haven't fallen down the perfectionist rabbit hole yet...as one can plainly see.

Still, I'm really happy with the final results. The colours really pop, and these troops will compliment some of my Lion Rampant retinues nicely for some games this year.


A big shout out to MINIART!

Love your work!


Comments

Slap-Dash said…
Cheers Stew, nice to read that you're back on the blogging front as well. I really enjoy reading about your Dark Ages gaming.

Popular Posts