MINIART 1/72 Germanic Warriors Cavalry complete!


These 1/72 MINIART Germanic cavalry were just finished last night. 

I can see my painting has progressed in some ways but regressed in other ways, because the blemishes & mistakes - as always - come glaring to light under the gaze of the digital lens.

I'm getting faster...but a little too sloppy at times as well...for some reason I don't mind painting horses, but shields....well you can just tell. At this scale, I've tried free handing some of the details but unless the shields are embossed or have a simple design such as a cross, I'm not going to get wrapped around the axles trying all the intricate brushwork that I can't pull off anyway...hahaha...just too frustrating...plus the simple colours do kind of pop at when they're at the table.

I'm not too fussed, these guys will come in handy for some dark age games, and once they're on the table getting thrown about they'll look fine.  


There are 16 riders...enough for two units in Lion Rampant, with a understrength unit of 4 riders that I could accomodate somehow.



I bought this box of figures at a Geek Market earlier in the year when I first moved back to Canberra. It was a fun day out and I managed to pick this box up for four bucks. 

For four bucks, it was a really nice relaxing and cheap way to pass the time. I've said it before but I do really love these MINIART figures, they have a lot of charm once they're painted up and based.

All of my figures are based using the same washers or galvanised steel bases so that they'll fit on my magnetised storage boxes. The infantry that I completed a few weeks ago will sit in the box alongside the cavalry figures. 

I saw this on youtube - there's a tonne of videos about making them - and those Very Useful boxes work really well, although the boxes are a little pricey.


All the best.








Comments

Ben Cato said…
Very nice Dash! I think they are a good standard.
I think it is best to be happy to paint within your ability. In my case not very much so easily done 😁
slap dash said…
Cheers Ben, I have to admit I'd rather have a good solid mass of troops finished up and based than spending too much time perfecting a small band of figures. It's quantity over quality 'round here. All the best.

Popular Posts