My Canberra Raiders Bloodbowl team complete!


I know.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I would take a break from painting..but then I played Bloodbowl.

As soon as I saw the 'Norse' team at my local GW shop I had no hesitation in buying and painting up a box of my own - Canberra Raiders inspired - Bloodbowl team. It all happened so quickly, helped along by the fact that this weekend I'm playing in a Bloodbowl day with a couple of players.

It'll be my third game, and I reckon I'm gonna get walloped, cuz I'm a real greenhorn at the game, I'm still learning the rules.

The Raiders are my local NRL team, and, being a Canberran, a team that I've followed through the years....from the halcyon premiership days of the late 80s and 90s...and through the very long lean years ever since. 

We came close again to the premiership in 2019...but the less said about that game the better. 

When I went to the GW store, the staff there - always very helpful & enthusiastic - didn't bat an eyelid when I told them what I needed for a colour scheme. One of blokes there picked out all the spot-on, proper Raiders colours. 

As you can see, there was only going to be one type of team I'd choose for my Bloodbowl team. The Viking blood runs deep in the cold cold foothills of the Brindabella Ranges...






Ready for this weekend.








Comments

Popular Posts