MiniArt 1/72 French Mounted Knights finished...



10 bucks well spent I reckon....a bargain really if you don't add the 20 bucks I spent on galvanised steel for the bases...30 bucks for the cutting discs for my dremel...paints, paint cleaner, more PVA glue...etc etc..

I try not to think about all the sundry costs.


It's the supplemental costs of stuff that really start to add up in the hobby...10 bucks on an impulse buy is only really cheap if the box is going to sit on shelf in a cup-board, unpainted.

But where's the fun in that?

I'm pretty happy with these, they're painted for the table and look great. I've already used a few of them in a Lion Rampant game recently.


The complete set..again. It took me a leisurely couple of weeks to complete. They were actually surprisingly enjoyable to paint, and not anywhere as difficult as I had expected.



With Lion Rampant, the Cavalry units are organised around 6 figures, so with 20 figures in the MiniArt box, I've more than enough.

I've also got one single Very Useful box with a magnetised sheet to enable careful transit of all the figures.


So here they are. One box for the French, another for the 'English'...my Sheriff of Nottingham set. With the recent three day COVID lockdown here in the NT, I thought I might as well crank up the spray can and start priming my Italeri English 1/72 Archers....

These figures were actually a little more fiddly than I'd like. Lots of careful cutting and glueing of very thinly designed sprue and arrows.


Keep plugging away.

 






Comments

Popular Posts