It's Monsoon season here in the tropics, and it's been raining heavily for the past month. It's the first 'proper' monsoon we've had here since we arrived back in 2015. A perfect time to stay inside, guilt free, pursue hobbies, and to start a blog, something I've been curious about for a few years. 

Honestly, I don't know how decent or regular it'll be. I'm very busy with work, children, practising my main interest, which is studying the drums and getting back into guitar. Unfortunately, these are pursuits that don't particularly gel with raising a busy family in a small house. 

Lately I've been finding myself taking lots of photos, and thinking about maintaining a diary of sorts to keep stimulated & motivated throughout the year.

I've set my painting & building space in the main living room and it's been a great way to actually chip away at projects. In the past month I've finished a box of Italeri 1/72 Alpini, as well as a few terrain pieces.

I try to dab away, for at least half-an-hour a day, as others have recommended and it's true, you can achieve quite a lot of output. whether or not it's a quality output, who knows?

Recently I've been painting up a collection of old Airfix 1/72 'Sheriff of Nottingham' figures. They're actually decently sized, not the 1/87, smaller Airfix figures that are manufactured and available in Oz. I find those figures too small and flimsy. 

I'm pretty happy so far, and more importantly, it's been fun to paint colourful figures outside of the 50-shades-of-khaki that I'm used to. I'm intending to finish this lot up, and complete another box of Orion 'Vikings' so we can play some fantasy battles in the spirit of Arthurian Legends. We've got a bunch of old Heroscape, and Wizkids D&D figures to add into the games as well. My son & daughter have already played a few games of Song of Arthur & Merlin, and we're currently dabbing away at learning D&D.

I'll try to post a few more photos over the next few days. We'll see how it all goes.





Comments

Popular Posts